Terms & Conditions
1 a) "Us/we/our" shall mean Stanley Plumbing & Heating.
b) "You/your" shall mean you: the customer (the person or organization for whom we agree to carry out works and/or supply or materials)
c) "Representative" shall be the person we send to you to do work.
2) Jobs on an hourly rate. The total charge to you will be the time spent by our representative on the job. It will include all reasonable time spent in obtaining materials.
3) Collecting material for a job: We mainly carry everyday stock items however if a job requires us to pick up extra material we charge you for the travel time it takes to get the part, but if the first shop does not have the part in stock it will have to be your choice how much you want to spend on travel time. We will however keep you informed on how long on expected travel time.
4) Fixed Price work. Quotes will include labour and materials plus vat. The price will be fixed but manifest errors shall be exempted. Revision to quotes may occur:
- You change the scope of the work
- There is an increase in the price of materials
- Further works turn out to be needed to do the work
- Impossible for us to do the work for the previously quoted fixed price, we will give you a free quote for the work so that you can choose to use us or not. If you decline the quote there will be no charges payable by you.
5) Invoices are payable immediately at the end of each job by cheque or cash.
5a) Cancellation of jobs. If you book a plumber for an emergency we require a debit or credit card number for a deposit agreed when the job is booked and if you cancel this job in less than 10 minutes of booking you will not have to pay but if you cancel after 10 minutes of booking then you will be charged the agreed cancellation fee.
5b) All calls may be recorded for training and quality purposes.
6) Time Keeping. Every effort is made to arrive at a job at the time and date agreed with you, however we cannot accept liability for arriving late or for the late delivery or failure to supply materials.
7) You personally will be deemed to be our customer unless it is made clear to us who the customer is and we have confirmation that you have the right to instruct us on their behalf.
7a) If we are doing work at your rented property on behalf of a landlord you the tenant has to be bound by the terms of the contract and if for any reason whatsoever the landlord refuses to pay you the tenant will be liable to pay and reclaim all cost back from your landlord.
8) Materials purchased as a result of work you instruct us to undertake will be charged to you if you later cancel. Charges will be those of our normal terms and conditions.
9) Guarantee. We have a 100 day guarantee period of our labour for repairs and a 12 months guarantee for new installations if the materials are supplied by us and the duration of the manufacturer's guarantee for all parts or equipment supplied by us. If you are not satisfied with our work, you must contact us, by 07872 332425 or in writing, within 100 days of finishing the work and let us come and inspect the work and carry out the necessary remedial work at our expense. You agree that if you do not contact us within 100 days nor let us back in to rectify our work we shall have no liability. You agree to let our insurers inspect any works carried out by us.
10) We CANNOT guarantee our work, parts and equipment supplied to you if:
- They suffer misuse, treated negligently or if our work is repaired, modified, or tampered with by anyone other than us.
- We carry out works for you using your materials.
- You order us to carry out work against the advice of our representative. This advice will be given to you either orally, or in writing.
- We indicate that further works need to be carried out.
- Existing installations are either inferior or over 10 years old nor can we guarantee the effectiveness or otherwise of our work in these cases.
11) We accept no liability for any delay or consequences of any delay in performing our obligations if such delay is due to any cause beyond our reasonable control and we shall be entitled to reasonable time extensions.
12) We reserve the right to decline to undertake any work.
13) Goods entitlement. Goods supplied and delivered by us to you, or your premises shall remain our property until paid for by you in full. Whilst goods remain our property (we continue to have title over them) we have the absolute authority to retake, sell or otherwise dispose of all or any part of these goods. At any time and without notice we shall also be entitled to enter any premises in which our goods, or any part of them, are installed, stored or kept or it is reasonably believed to be so. We shall be entitled to seek a court injunction to prevent you from selling, transferring or otherwise disposing of such goods. However, the risk in the goods will pass to you on delivery to you. You must insure them at replacement value and if asked you must produce evidence that they are properly insured.
14) These terms and conditions may not be released, discharged, supplemented, interpreted, varied or modified in any manner except by an instrument in writing signed by our duly authorized representative and you. Our terms and conditions shall prevail over any terms and conditions used by you or contained, set out or referred to in any documentation sent to us by you. By entering into a contract with us you agree irrevocably to waive the application of any of these terms and conditions.
15) These terms and conditions and all contracts awarded between us and you shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Law.
|| || ||